Prof. Zahra Ranjbar is currently director of the Institute for Color Science and Technology (ICST). She is Prof. in Coatings Science and Technology. She earned a PhD in polymer engineering at the University of Amirkabir, Tehran in 2003. He has had 21 years of experience in research and development in the coatings industry at ICST. Her fields of interest include automotive coatings, coatings for energy saving and electrochemistry applied to the study of corrosion mechanisms and protective coatings, polymer chemistry and mechanical properties, adhesion and stresses in coatings. She has been Director of Surface Coatings and novel technologies Department from 2008 till 2013. She has two published books named paint defects and automotive paint and coatings. She published more than 65 international scientific papers in the field of coatings.
|BSc||1992||Textile engineering||Amirkabir University of Technology (Polytechnic of Tehran)|
|MSc||1995||Polyme and Coatings engineering||Amirkabir University of Technology (Polytechnic of Tehran)|
|Ph.D||2003||Polyme and Coatings engineering||Amirkabir University of Technology (Polytechnic of Tehran)|
|Faculty/Department||Position/Rank||Employment Type||Cooperation Type||Grade|
|Institute for Color Science and Technology||Institute Director||Tenured||Full Time||24|
- 2015-Present- Director of Institute for Color Science and Technology, Tehran- Iran
- 2013- 2015- chair of center of excellence in color science and technology, Institute for Color science and technology(ICST), Tehran- Iran
- 2013- present - full Professor in polymer Engineering- Coatings science and technology at ICST
- 2009-2017- Director of coatings and novel technology faculty, Institute for Color science and technology(ICST), Tehran- Iran
- 2006-2015- Chair of the Surface Coatings and Corrosion Department, Institute for Color science and technology, Tehran- Iran
- 2007- Chairperson of first international conference on automotive paints and coatings, Tehran-Iran
- 1996- present – Member of scientific board at ICST
- Excellence awards for Women scientist, 2017
- National Excellence Awards for university professors, 2014
- Institute Excellence Awards for academic staffs, ICST, 2018, 2017, 2007 and 2008
- National award researchers, 2007
- Advances in corrosion protection by paints and coatings(Graduate Course), Fall 2008-2009-present
- Degradation and failure analysis of paints and Coatings (Graduate Course), Fall 2010
- Senior Researcher of the Paint and organic Coatings at ICST
- Member of the editorial board of journal of progress in color, colorants and coatings, 2008-present.
- Member of the editorial board of the journal of color science and technology, 2007-present
- Associate Editor of Baspar magazine(1996- present)
- Chairperson of first international conference on automotive paints and coatings, Tehran-Iran,2007
- Frequent referee of journal papers
- Peer reviewer of research proposals to the National Science Foundation, Iranian Environmental Protection Agency; Strategic Research & Development Program
- Frequent referee of research graduate thesis
- Member of board of Selection and Formation of Coatings and Related Terms, Persian academy, Tehran–Iran (2004-2009).
- Frequent Workshop presenter on the automotive and protective coatings (2000-present)
- Key note lecturer for the 5th National Conference on Traffic paint and Road Safety,Tehran,Iran,2018
- Key note lecturer for the ICCC2017. International conference on colour, colourant and coatings, Tehan-Iran,2017
- Key note lecturer for the IPST2016. International conference on polymer science and technology, Tehan-Iran,2016
- Key note lecturer for the ICTC2014. International conference on transport coatings, Tehan-Iran,2014
- Key note lecturer for the ICCC2013. International conference on color science and technology, Esfahan-Iran,2013
- Key note lecturer for the 1st conference on Electrophoresis, Tehran-Iran,2012
- Key note lecturer for the 2nd. International conference on automotive paints and coatings, Tehran-Iran,2009
- Key note lecturer for the 2nd. national seminar on Traffic paints and markings, Tehran-Iran,2008
- Iran Color Industry Association, Tehran-Iran (1997-present).
- Oil & Color Chemists Association (OCCA), England (1999-2003).
- Federation of Societies for Coatings Technology (FSCT), USA (1999-2001).